New digital tool tracks deliveries in real-time and provides easy access to industry ideas and trends
RICHMOND, Va. — Performance Foodservice today announced the launch of PERFORMANCEconnect, a mobile app for iOS devices that enables customers to track their deliveries in real-time and gain access to recipes, industry ideas, market trends and rebates.
“Timing matters in the foodservice business, so we’re excited to provide our customers with the ability to track their delivery status so they can prepare and plan accordingly,” said Fred Sanelli, Senior Vice President for Marketing, Brands & Sales Development for Performance Foodservice. “Our PERFORMANCEconnect mobile app offers a single source for relevant and timely information that our customers need and require to stay competitive and successful.”
PERFORMANCEconnect features the following tabs to assist customers with content in several categories:
- Where’s My Truck?: Existing customers can find out when their current delivery is due to arrive, as well as when past deliveries occurred if they were away from the operation.
- Recipes: This tab enables users to search our continually expanding collection of recipes by type of cuisine, season/occasion, day part and type of food.
- News and Ideas: In this section customers can access business building tips and information on innovative products.
- Market Trends: Users are able to get weekly market updates to help them make informed purchasing decisions.
- Videos: Customers can view a large collection of short videos on topics ranging from new products to food shows.
- Savings Center: This tab provides current rebate offers available to Performance Foodservice customers. Favorites: Customers can create their own list of favorites to refer back to ideas, recipes and rebates whenever needed.
Performance Foodservice’s new mobile app is the latest in a series of digital tools available to customers. Last fall, the company released a new Facebook page and followed that up in June with the launch of two digital communications initiatives – a redesigned website (www.PerformanceFoodservice.com) to provide customers with an improved online experience and a new food blog called FOODCENTRIC (www.Foodcentric.com) written by and for those passionate about food.
“PERFORMANCEconnect rounds out our digital communications toolbox, enabling us to stay totally engaged with our customers,” added Sanelli. “We’re providing them with information and resources that will deliver value and help them improve their operations.”
PERFORMANCEconnect can be downloaded from the Apple App Store at www.apple.com at the end of September.
Performance Foodservice operates 36 broadline distribution centers serving customers nationwide. It is a business segment of Richmond, Va.-based Performance Food Group, Inc. (PFG).